A nonqualified deferred compensation (NQDC) plan can help give plan sponsors a competitive edge in attracting and retaining key talent. With five decades of retirement plan experience, we have the expertise to help you offer the right plan for your needs.
Benefits for the key employee and the employer
A custom-designed NQDC plan can offer executives and key employees greater tax deferral opportunities than qualified plans. And it offers plan sponsors more flexibility and control, too.
Manage plan eligibility, with no nondiscrimination requirements.
Determine plan sponsor contributions—if any—as well as the vesting schedule and payout options.
Decide how to handle the plan's liabilities with multiple funding and investment options.
Avoid many of the reporting obligations required of qualified plans.
A spectrum of capabilities for the plan you need
All NQDC plans are unique, and we can build the plan to align with the plan sponsor's business objectives. We offer you options to make designing your plan easy.
- NQDC plans
- Supplemental executive retirement plans
- 457(b) and 457(f) nongovernmental plans
- Informal funding with corporate-owned investments (e.g., mutual funds)
- Informal funding with corporate- or trust-owned life insurance
- Account-based plan design
- Class year plan design
- Plan design consulting
- Enrollment and education
- Plan operations and oversight
A consultative approach
From discovery discussions through the life of the plan, we surround you with a team of experienced professionals. We'll integrate your plan into your benefits program, manage the day-to-day operations, and much more.
Strategic relationship manager
- Manages the plan on an ongoing basis following implementation
- Coordinates participant education and communications campaigns
- Ensures the plan meets key objectives and suggest areas for improvement
Client service manager
- Acts as your daily contact for your plan
- Works directly with your staff to ensure smooth plan operation
Benefits Consulting Group
- Analyzes plan structure, design, and fit
- Creates and maintain plan documents
- Stays engaged as the subject matter expert through the life of your plan
Financing and investment consultants
- Help you determine the appropriate funding and investment strategy
- Coordinate the establishment of rabbi trusts, if applicable
- Educate you on the financial requirements to manage plan funding
There is no guarantee that any investment strategy will achieve its objectives.
John Hancock Retirement Plan Services LLC provides nondiscretionary administrative and/or recordkeeping services to sponsors or administrators of retirement plans, as well as a platform of investment alternatives for actual or hypothetical investing that is made available without regard to the individualized needs of any plan. Unless otherwise specifically stated in writing, John Hancock Retirement Plan Services LLC does not, and is not undertaking to, provide impartial investment advice or give advice in a fiduciary capacity.