A spectrum of service models to meet your need for service and support
Solutions that integrate your local third-party administrator (TPA) or one of our ERISA consultants
A dedicated team focused on the special needs of large plans
Service models for plans of all sizes
Plan administration to make your job easier
- Eligibility, vesting, and beneficiary calculation and tracking
- Full-service support for qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs) provided by John Hancock or a local TPA
- Paperless loan and distribution processing
- Flexible 360-degree payroll file submission, feedback, and funding
Plan sponsor website and analytic dashboards for insight
- Access to all plan and participant information
- Analytics dashboards to gauge overall health of the plan
- Standard and customizable reports
- Plan documents and all regulatory notices
Recognized for our best-in-class service and support,1 we offer flexible service models to meet your needs by working with your plan consultant or with one of ours. You’ll have the support of our streamlined administrative solutions, fiduciary services, broad investment platform, and insightful plan reporting. We’ll provide you with the tools you need to do your job, and we’ll check in with you often to make sure we’re doing ours.
Your participants will have access to our award-winning communications and tools2 to help them manage their financial wellness on their way to and through retirement
A universe of investment options
Thousands of investments, including mutual funds, collective investment trusts, target-date funds, target-risk funds, and stable value funds
No proprietary fund requirements
Multiple revenue-sharing strategies, including zero revenue share investment lineups
Providing participants with the power of a plan
We believe workplace retirement plans are Americans best chance to save for retirement. We believe in the power of a plan.
A personalized participant experience to drive engagement
- Transition and enrollment support
- Website and mobile experience with personalized planning, education, and goal-setting tools
- Data-driven, targeted, digital campaigns
- Custom communications campaigns
A large plan standout2 with five decades of experience
Our large plan practice is devoted to retirement programs with over 1,000 participants and more than $250 million in assets.
Our large plan practice has an integrated consulting support and service model designed to:
- Ensure the operational effectiveness of each of your retirement plans, including deﬁned contribution (DC), deﬁned beneﬁt (DB), Taft-Hartley, and nonqualiﬁed/executive beneﬁt
- Tailor plan solutions and the participant experience to achieve the outcomes you’re targeting
- Develop and execute a comprehensive retirement program that’s fully integrated into your beneﬁts budget and strategy
Direct access to our ERISA experts and senior leadership
Our Beneﬁts Consulting Group can provide additional actuarial, legal, and plan design consulting, specializing in four strategic areas:
1 DC optimization
2 DB risk management
3 Fiduciary support
4 Total retirement synergy
Our large plans have a senior executive sponsor to provide an additional layer of strategic support.
You may also participate on our Client Advisory Board, through which we seek candid input about our performance, strategy, and product road map.
For more information about our open-architecture solutions, please contact your John Hancock representative.
1 "2019 DC Survey Standouts," PLANSPONSOR, 2020. 2 "2020 Spotlight Awards, Multiple/Mixed Formats: Communications Campaign," Global Communications Competition, League of American Communications Professionals LLC, November 2020; “DALBAR’s State of the Industry—Online Enrollment,” DALBAR’s 2020 First Impressions Seal and the #1 ranking for online enrollment experience DALBAR, Inc., October 2020; "FCS Portfolio Awards, Consumer Retail," Financial Communications Society, bronze award in consumer/retail for My Learning Center, September 2020.
The content of this website is for general information only and is believed to be accurate and reliable as of the posting date, but may be subject to change. It is not intended to provide investment, tax, plan design, or legal advice (unless otherwise indicated). Please consult your own independent advisor as to any investment, tax, or legal statements made herein.
John Hancock Retirement Plan Services, LLC offers administrative or recordkeeping services to sponsors and administrators of retirement plans, as well as a platform of investment alternatives that is made available without regard to the individualized needs of any plan. Unless otherwise specifically stated in writing, John Hancock Retirement Plan Services, LLC does not, and is not undertaking to, provide impartial investment advice or give advice in a fiduciary capacity. John Hancock Trust Company LLC provides trust and custodial services to such plans.
JH Enterprise is a registered trademark of John Hancock Life Insurance Company (U.S.A.).